The Main Function of Battery Equalizer
HWB Series Battery Equalizer Specially Designed for Lead Acid Batteries, 48V, 60V, 72V for Choose. Efficiently Balanced Battery Voltage, thereby Prolong the battery service life
1. Balance the charge, so that when the battery bank is charged, all battery voltages is the same, to avoid laggard battery over-voltage and water loss.
2. Discharge equalization, so that when the battery discharge, all battery voltage is the same, to avoid lagging battery voltage vulcanization.
3. Thermal runaway warning when the thermal runaway occurs, indicating that water should be filled.
Read this User Manual carefully before your hook up the balancer to your system.
Other Features of Battery Equalizer
1. Old Batteries and new batteries can be mixed and no need to replace whole batteries group.
2. Battery Capacity Expansion
3. Obtain 12V voltage directly from the 48V battery Bank (24V, 36V, etc. can be obtained as well, must in the discharge state).
4. Charge the 48V Battery Bank directly with a 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V charger. (need to modify the charging port wiring)
48V 20A balanced charge and discharge test summary (regular use):
1. The balancing charge ensures that the original unbalanced battery voltage is consistent, avoiding further damage due to overcharge, water loss, and heat generation.
2. The Equilibrium discharge ensures that the original unbalanced battery voltage is consistent, avoiding further damages such as Vulcanization and reverse polarity that caused by over-discharge
Although the battery bank is a strictly matched configuration, differences still exist. The balance makes all the battery work under normal conditions, the unbalanced battery bank capacity becomes the sum of all batteries, the unbalanced battery service life will be the same as the single battery.
Battery Equalizer Features
1.Backward Compatible: that means,48V can compatible with 36V and 24V. Connect the wire in steps from 48V,36V,24V,12V to 0V, then the device start self-checks. The indicator light flashes in seconds, flash times same as the unit quantity
2.Multiple Protection: over-voltage, over-current, over-temperature, Undervoltage, overtime and other abnormal state detection and protection, to ensure product safety.
3.Professional aluminum profile shell: special aluminum profile shell, surface oxidation process to enhance the product appearance, and also enhanced the protection and dissipation
1. Two Stage of Equalizer‘s Starting Detection.
Stage 1, Battery Unit Quantity Detection, the indicator light flashes every two seconds, the number of flashes is the same as the number of batteries.
Stage 2, The indicator light on 5S, equalizer mode self-test.
2. Standby Status: indicator light stop 4S, flash 1S
3. Working status: light is always on,
4. The definition of the equalizer working status:
1. The car driving status and the battery voltage difference reaches 200mV, start equilibrium
2. Normal type, anyone battery voltage reaches and exceeds 13.6V, start equilibrium, All battery voltage drops to 13.4V, stop the balance
3. Anti-bubbling status, dedicated charging terminal access to the qualified charger, start balance.
4. Anti-bubbling status also supports normal charging start mode.
5, Anti-bubbling type only for the 48V (4 battery bank), when the batteries are less than 4, then it will not support the anti-charging access starting, turn into the normal status.
Main functions and Technical Parameters:
1. Balance battery: Balance Current 10A
2. Temperature Protection: 70 C
3. Over-current protection:12A
4. Over-voltage protection, any battery voltage exceeds 15.8V
5. Under voltage protection, all battery voltage is lower than 9V
6. Thermal Runaway Protection
Note: The protection here generally means stop the equalizer. When the equalizer became to protection status, the indicator will flash once every second for a total of 10 times, exiting the protection state, then turn Into the normal status. However, when the thermal runaway is detected, it must wait for all battery voltages to fall below 13.4V, then stop the seconds flash, and exit thermal runaway protection.
Battery Equalizer Installation Instruction
Before the installation, makes sure the equalizer has short-circuiting protection (as shown in the above pictures). wires can be wrapped with an electrically insulating tape or wrapped with transparent plastic to prevent inadvertent contact between two wires, and avoid the fuse blowout when the cable is connected.
The figure above shows the style when the equalizer is connected. beware that the wiring must start from the yellow line (48V end) and the black line should be connected at the very last. When removing the equalizer, first remove the black line.